LuckyMS.net's Forums
 
HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Denied GM app.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
kingster275



Posts : 5
Join date : 2010-09-27

PostSubject: Denied GM app.   Thu Sep 30, 2010 6:15 pm

I wanna know why my GM app got denied.

1-2 Word Replies, MY BAD.
Unorganized and ugly colors? What exactly is your opinion about ORGANIZED COLORS and PRETTY COLORS?
I want to know what exactly 'effort' means, because it's your opinion of course.
I want to know why you ASSUME that it's a Suck Up Application.

And, I wanna know why you see no effort in my application.

Thanks,
Gabe
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NewLegion

avatar

Posts : 45
Join date : 2010-09-21

PostSubject: Re: Denied GM app.   Thu Sep 30, 2010 6:47 pm

kingster275 wrote:
1. 1-2 Word Replies, MY BAD.
2. Unorganized and ugly colors? What exactly is your opinion about ORGANIZED COLORS and PRETTY COLORS?
3. I want to know what exactly 'effort' means, because it's your opinion of course.
4. I want to know why you ASSUME that it's a Suck Up Application.
5. And, I wanna know why you see no effort in my application.

1. Yes, your bad. If you can't read and follow simple instructions, what makes you think you should be responsible to execute orders? Failure to follow instructions shows that you don't listen, which is important.

2. Do you not see how your thread looked? Random colors with no coherent pattern; random colors, especially ones that look HORRIBLE on a green layout don't bode well, in our eyes at least.

3. Not part of the staff, but in our opinion, effort is making your app look...clean and to make sure to proofread EVERYTHING. Put yourself in their shoes; what do they want to see and hear? We can't comment on this, since the only problem we saw blatantly is that it looked like you hit the color button about 20 times and then filled in your application.

4. ...Assume?
Quote :
How active will you be: ...I think this server is just amazing and when I come home from school I get straight onto this...
Quote :
Hobbies: ... watching TV, and the biggest one, Playing SoulMS.
Quote :
Summary of Yourself: ... My name is Gabe, and I LOVE SoulMS.
Quote :
5.Please specify exactly(or around) how long you have been playing Soul MS:
About a month, but I've been on like 3/4 time of that month, I'm ALWAYS on.

5. Again, can't really comment. Not our words.

We're not trying to be rude, just pointing out the questions you had, and we mean no offense. This should be taken as constructive criticism.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kingster275



Posts : 5
Join date : 2010-09-27

PostSubject: Re: Denied GM app.   Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:23 pm

Yes. Assume, if you'd know me i'm online 24/7 and I even donated $40. Which obviously shows that that's all I do. And you can't answer those with 1-2 word replies, I mean look at Andrea's, her's isn't 1-2 word replies, hers are just like mine. But I guess that if you want effort in order to be accepted you need to use a whole bunch of crazy shit and take 8 hours on it. That's what they mean by effort. And I did proofread everythin' and chiz.


Back to top Go down
View user profile
Anna

avatar

Posts : 194
Join date : 2010-09-04

PostSubject: Re: Denied GM app.   Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:57 pm

kingster275 wrote:
Yes. Assume, if you'd know me i'm online 24/7 and I even donated $40. Which obviously shows that that's all I do. And you can't answer those with 1-2 word replies, I mean look at Andrea's, her's isn't 1-2 word replies, hers are just like mine. But I guess that if you want effort in order to be accepted you need to use a whole bunch of crazy shit and take 8 hours on it. That's what they mean by effort. And I did proofread everythin' and chiz.


Effort IS putting time into it, just for your information. She DID put time into it, even if her responses weren't 1-2 word responses, she did clearly put tons of time into it.
The colors all looked good and it was enjoyable to read as a whole, unlike yours.

The rest is exactly what Legion said. If you don't like it, too bad. If you don't want to put a lot of effort into becoming a GM why should we hire you? There's only a few people on each private server who get GM, if someone works extremely hard for that in every way it will be recognized.
We don't just deny people for absolutely no reason at all.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kingster275



Posts : 5
Join date : 2010-09-27

PostSubject: Re: Denied GM app.   Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:08 am

Mhm. Colors are nice huh? Someone would work 3284903284308430 hours on it and just cause of the colors you'd deny it. But sure okay whatever you say your the one who accepts and denies these apps, you can say whatever the hell you want, was just wondering. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Anna

avatar

Posts : 194
Join date : 2010-09-04

PostSubject: Re: Denied GM app.   Fri Oct 01, 2010 12:39 am

kingster275 wrote:
Mhm. Colors are nice huh? Someone would work 3284903284308430 hours on it and just cause of the colors you'd deny it. But sure okay whatever you say your the one who accepts and denies these apps, you can say whatever the hell you want, was just wondering. Thanks.

See, the way you know whether someone might have deserved the position even after being denied is if they post in this section or not.
This section is solely here for my own amusement. The people who get mad over being denied clearly don't deserve the position only because they can't maturely just take the rejection and move on.

And honestly I could make an application, with nice colors, within 10-15minutes. It's really not that hard. 1 color+bold for questions, another color not bolded for answers, and the application will look perfectly fine. You don't need to use every color in the rainbow on your application. The simpler you are with colors the better, it just has to look neat and eye catching.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kingster275



Posts : 5
Join date : 2010-09-27

PostSubject: Re: Denied GM app.   Fri Oct 01, 2010 4:11 am

Take the rejection and move on.. I posted here cause I actually give a shit because I actually wanted to be a GM.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Anna

avatar

Posts : 194
Join date : 2010-09-04

PostSubject: Re: Denied GM app.   Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:51 am

kingster275 wrote:
Take the rejection and move on.. I posted here cause I actually give a shit because I actually wanted to be a GM.

If you cared that much you would have "put 8 hours into your app". Don't say you cared and then not put effort into your app like Andrea did.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Confederate

avatar

Posts : 220
Join date : 2010-09-05

PostSubject: Re: Denied GM app.   Fri Oct 01, 2010 4:02 pm

Off-topic: Why does everyone use Andrea's app as an example?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Debutante

avatar

Posts : 135
Join date : 2010-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Denied GM app.   Fri Oct 01, 2010 5:00 pm

Her application was creative, but the content could have been better. I would have liked to see many more qualities that she felt that she had.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Confederate

avatar

Posts : 220
Join date : 2010-09-05

PostSubject: Re: Denied GM app.   Fri Oct 01, 2010 5:38 pm

I'm sorry, but is that meant to be a response to my question?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Debutante

avatar

Posts : 135
Join date : 2010-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Denied GM app.   Fri Oct 01, 2010 5:42 pm

Not at all, it was a random opinion shared haha.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Confederate

avatar

Posts : 220
Join date : 2010-09-05

PostSubject: Re: Denied GM app.   Fri Oct 01, 2010 7:31 pm

I see. I anticipate a reply.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
iKawaii

avatar

Posts : 93
Join date : 2010-10-01
Location : New Zealand FTW

PostSubject: Re: Denied GM app.   Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:14 am

May I also write my own personal opinion?

kingster275 wrote:
I wanna know why my GM app got denied.

1-2 Word Replies, MY BAD.
Unorganized and ugly colors? What exactly is your opinion about ORGANIZED COLORS and PRETTY COLORS?
I want to know what exactly 'effort' means, because it's your opinion of course.
I want to know why you ASSUME that it's a Suck Up Application.

And, I wanna know why you see no effort in my application.

Thanks,
Gabe

"1-2 Word Replies, MY BAD."
Just like Legion said, your bad. You did such a long response, it seems like as if the 1-2 word rule wasn't there. No.4 was okay compared to the rest.

"Unorganized and ugly colors? What exactly is your opinion about ORGANIZED COLORS and PRETTY COLORS?"
If I were a GM, I'd say colors that actually make it easy to read. I even had to pull out my glasses to read the app! I would put colors that don't stand out too much and put them in an order.*Off topic: Speaking of my glasses, wth are they?*

"I want to know what exactly 'effort' means, because it's your opinion of course."
If I were a GM, I'd look for time and effort; maybe a bit of humor here and there and make it more....Interesting. Take Andrea's as an (The number 1) example. She put pictures in, and she put in her honest opinions. She deserved the title of a GM.

"I want to know why you ASSUME that it's a Suck Up Application."
Just like Legions opinion. Especially this:
kingster275 wrote:
Hobbies : I like to draw stick figure comics, watching YouTube videos, watching TV, and the biggest one, Playing SoulMS.
That almost makes Me see you as if SoulMS was literally your life. I have never seen that in another application I have ever read.

"And, I wanna know why you see no effort in my application."
The app seems like you didn't put much effort and time into it. You:
-Picked out random colors.
-Didn't give much detailed description in most places.
-And everything else listed before and not mentioned in name.

This is my personal opinion; Yes, from a 10 year old. If you say I'm not even mature enough to give an honest opinion, I already did, so make the most of it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://xat.com/The_Kawaii_Pandas
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Denied GM app.   

Back to top Go down
 
Denied GM app.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Cult of the Blade Denied
» join request (Denied)
» Flapper - Blood DK - DENIED
» Liadrin - Prot Paladin - DENIED
» Webfilter Workaround?

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
LuckyMS Forums :: Applications :: QQ about being denied-
Jump to: