LuckyMS Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LuckyMS.net's Forums

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Example of a good application!

Go down 
+2
Confederate
Anna
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Anna

Anna

Example of a good application! Empty
PostSubject: Example of a good application!   Example of a good application! EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 6:35 pm

This is an application posted by one of my old GMs on my old server. It is an example of an application that would be accepted. If anyone copies it, or writes something similar to it you will be denied for having downs. It's just so you guys know what I expect to see when I see people trying to put effort into their applications.

OK HI! So... my name is Boxxy and um, its been a while since I made a new GM app. so I decided that because of recent events that I could make a NEW GM App. and um.. so yea so lets just start off by getting a couple things straight!

............. WELL SCREW THAT SHIT.

Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What are you applying for:
. [foreign] I aply for the GM [/foreign]

Name :
. Christian “Xtian” Cappellacci

Alright… before you ask…
Christmas = Xmas
Christian = Xtian

IT DOES NOT MEAN ZITAN :@@@@

Where do you live/Timezone:
. THE BEST TIME ZONE EVER! Extra Stupendous Time (EST)
(Toronto, Ontario, Canada)

How active will you be:
. How active will YOU be?… that’s the REAL here. BUT honestly… being part vampire I don’t sleep… well not at night that is. And for all you twilight fags don’t go jumping on any Edward Cullen shit because I said vampire >.>

E-Mail:
. NO TNX I DUN LIEK SPAMZ.

Hobbies :
. I LIEK LONG WALKZ ON TEH BEACH, WATCHING TEH SUN SETZ, AND MAYBE EVEN YOU… back in reality I like compooters, chilling, solving stuff, photography and cinematography… like any nerdish person does. But I DON’T like math cuz I’m not azn ktnx.

How you'd handle a hacker:
. I WOULD BE LIKE KPZSHITTY… then warp them to the donator map, drop them a gm hat and spawn horntail.

… cue Anna raging.

If two people were fighting, what would you do? :
. I would prolly wait until it got as retarded as two sisters artificially created incest down syndrome child then go in there and remind both sides that there argument is important because the interwebs are serious business. Buuuutt seeing as at least one of my answers should be semi serious… I try to take a non bias view accepting both parties views and then trying to come to a peaceful resolve that makes both sides happy. If the situation can not be resolved then I would try to separate or remove one of the parties.

How many servers have you been a GM/Admin in?:
. yup.

Why should we choose you:
. In the infamous words of king_dDd… “I got the magic stick, I can put it in your butt.” Now WHO wouldn’t want that. NOT THAT IT REALLY MATTERS… but I also try to be friendly and welcoming to everyone although I’m normally a douche. I want to become a leader in the community so I can try to unite more of the misunderstood community and prevent individuals from feeling left out in the server. Mainly I feel that a positive environment only goes to promote good reactions and good feedback... ultimately increasing the server populous. O and... I CARE. LOLZ

Reason I applied:
. I wanted GM?

Summary of yourself:
. 5’10”, dirty blonde hair, big fucking ears, brownish green eyes and rape. I am a bit of an odd person especially once I get going but at the same time I enjoy a good ol serious conversation… only making me odder. I respect everyone and everyone’s choice in music because Korean boybands are amazing… LOL JKS!!!
I also have chocolate chip cookies right now oMG they taste soooooo goooooddd… and now you want cookies.

Extra Info:
. ham sandwich, christmas tree, tape, speaker, cement, water polo, ice cream truck, glass sculpture of a cat with one leg broken off, square based pyramid… and raep.

In game name:
. Xtian

Simple questions.

1.Do you know the players/staff well enough to be chosen?(This doesn't mean have you met the GMs/spoken to them once. Do you actually KNOW them. Please stop writing "Yes" when none of us know you. Thank you):

NO.

2.Have you been on AceStory long enough to deserve a GM position:

YAP

3.Do you help players any chance you get:

If by help you mean not not not not not not not not not not not help… then yes

4.Are you of the age that is required to apply(if no you might as well delete this app now):

yea ): … I can see like 20 twelve year olds doing this whole app then deleting it. LOL@NOOBZ

5.Please specify exactly(or around) how long you have been playing Acestory:

K… I’ve been refraining from shoving this in this whole app… but sorry Steph and sorry Jordan….
I’ve been playing Acestory for… …. … …. … OVER 9000!!!!

KPEACE

O BTW.... THERE IS A MOFO COOL AFRO WHITE GUY EMOTICON >>> afro , A GOD DAM ELEPHANT EMOTICON >>> elephant BUT NO ANGRY/ RAGE EMOTICON.... WTF.
Back to top Go down
Confederate

Confederate

PostSubject: Re: Example of a good application!   Example of a good application! EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 7:30 pm

You would have denied this application, considering the many replies you give that contradict this 'good' application. Is this effort? Is effort making stupid comments, using idiotic memes, and having improper grammar for nine-tenths of the application?

Those are things such as the color of the application, the responses in general, and 1-2 word replies.

Also, I find it insulting and condescending to those people who have Down's syndrome, who have enough problems to deal with already, thank you very much.
Back to top Go down
Anna

Anna

PostSubject: Re: Example of a good application!   Example of a good application! EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 7:40 pm

the way this is "good" is because he did put in effort, and he's showing his OWN personality in this application.
And no, I would not have denied it due to the fact that he was indeed one of my old GMs.
They're not "stupid comments" they're him trying to be amusing. You really need to loosen up a bit kid.

You seem to have lost your sense of humor completely.
The application is funny, the improper grammar is used well to make the application amusing to read.

I'm sorry I can't give you a sense of humor, but if you want to be a stuck up prude that's your problem not mine.
Back to top Go down
Debutante

Debutante

PostSubject: Re: Example of a good application!   Example of a good application! EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 8:01 pm

I have to agree with Confederate, it is not funny in the slightest. GM applications are meant to be kept decently professional, you are able to show your personality throughout it and still be professional. Besides, technically speaking you would deny somebody if they had an application in which you call "Showing their own personality." In my opinion, that application shows plain immaturity. Certainly the last thing an Admin should be endorsing. I can see you want people to be themselves, but the main thing is that this SHOULD NOT be an example application. Based on your statement "due to the fact that he was indeed one of my old GMs," shows that it wasn't about the application, but rather the person.
Back to top Go down
Confederate

Confederate

PostSubject: Re: Example of a good application!   Example of a good application! EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 8:14 pm

I thank you for speaking your mind and being subjective, unlike 50 percent of people I see on the forums.

I understand that you are not siding with me, just saying what you think, but that I take it as a gesture of appreciation and that may be shown in the nature of my posts. Just a warning.
Back to top Go down
Anna

Anna

PostSubject: Re: Example of a good application!   Example of a good application! EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 9:14 pm

If you two have yet to notice, this game isn't filled with maniacal 13 year olds such as yourself, this game is filled with fun, immature and HAPPY people. With a good sense of humor and looking up to people older than them.
Christian is funny in a more immature way, making it more likable by the kids. The people on my server LOVED his witty jokes. Again, Ray, it's called having a sense of humor.

He's funny, and a lot of the people from my server agreed that he was funny.

Here are the comments:

SullyWully: lmao,
I always love your application.

gabbyrahwr: only app so far that has ACTUALLY made me laugh!

PandaKillz: LOL I <3 you.

Eliii: lol! Your age equation is HILARIOUS! I hope you become a GM! Razz

After that it was accepted and no one could respond again, but 4 different people alone posted on it with only good things and no critiques, and there were no bad comments for a reason.

And what you're saying about GM applications having to be kept decently professional, that's what YOU think.
I like a bit of humor in any application, kids love to laugh and have fun, it's one reason they play maplestory. Meet new people, joke around and train together. They don't want to have some big scary "decently professional" GM looming over them while they try to have fun.
Just loosen up, really.
Back to top Go down
Confederate

Confederate

PostSubject: Re: Example of a good application!   Example of a good application! EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 9:23 pm

What I am objecting is that others, who have done what I consider the same with their app, but had them denied. Also, those four people were probably close friends. Besides, communities on each and every server are different.
Back to top Go down
Anna

Anna

PostSubject: Re: Example of a good application!   Example of a good application! EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 9:31 pm

Actually 4 of them didn't really know him at all. He had been playing on the server for about 2 days before he posted his app. We quizzed him a bit in game and tested his event skills, and then hired him the next day.
Worked out quite well. (=
When you're GM everyone runs to you, you can get to know the community pretty quick regardless if you've only been there for a day.
Back to top Go down
Confederate

Confederate

PostSubject: Re: Example of a good application!   Example of a good application! EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 10:17 pm

Two days is long enough to apply, then. Huh.
Back to top Go down
Anna

Anna

PostSubject: Re: Example of a good application!   Example of a good application! EmptyFri Oct 01, 2010 11:55 pm

Confederate wrote:
Two days is long enough to apply, then. Huh.

Why risk losing a cool person? Why risk waiting for him to get to know the community if he might just leave?
With GM on a server he'd try and adapt to the server, now that he has power. While if he's just a reg player he might get bored and try somewhere else.

If a potentially good GM comes along, might as well snag the chance to hire him. =]
Back to top Go down
Debutante

Debutante

PostSubject: Re: Example of a good application!   Example of a good application! EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 12:22 am

In some way I see a point Anna, I just feel the application isn't something that should be modeled for the community.
Back to top Go down
Anna

Anna

PostSubject: Re: Example of a good application!   Example of a good application! EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 12:26 am

Debutante wrote:
In some way I see a point Anna, I just feel the application isn't something that should be modeled for the community.
Well we all have our own opinions on things.
But mine just happens to count a bit more due to the fact that I'm an GM/Admin.
Back to top Go down
Michelle

Michelle

PostSubject: Re: Example of a good application!   Example of a good application! EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 12:58 am

Why make a big fuss about a simple thing ..

To be honest every server has their own unique way on how a GM app works .
It doesn't have to be professional or what so ever .

You don't judge their application on how funny they are or their maturity level , like seriously .
._.'

I'm not trying to offend anyone . c:
It's just my opinion . ^^

Sorry if i actually offended you in some way . :/
Back to top Go down
Anna

Anna

PostSubject: Re: Example of a good application!   Example of a good application! EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 12:59 am

Michelle wrote:
Why make a big fuss about a simple thing ..

To be honest every server has their own unique way on how a GM app works .
It doesn't have to be professional or what so ever .

You don't judge their application on how funny they are or their maturity level , like seriously .
._.'

I'm not trying to offend anyone . c:
It's just my opinion . ^^

Sorry if i actually offended you in some way . :/

tr00f.
imo a mix of humor and professionalism is the best way to go.
Back to top Go down
Moto

Moto

PostSubject: Re: Example of a good application!   Example of a good application! EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 2:10 am

Then that's our answer. A mix of immaturity and professionalism. It will give you 50/50 chance of getting GM.
Because, If A server want's a professional GM application. the applicant will probably get 50% chance to get the position because of his profressionalism. But if they want a fun, wacky, Immature gm application the applicant will also get 50% chance of the postion.
If they want both. Good fight. You got the spot.

But, I do love RAINBOWS...
Back to top Go down
Michelle

Michelle

PostSubject: Re: Example of a good application!   Example of a good application! EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 2:21 am

I agree . ^ c:
Back to top Go down
itbeYK

itbeYK

PostSubject: Re: Example of a good application!   Example of a good application! EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 2:42 am

Oh the trolling... Oh the ignorance... Oh the irony... Oh the freaking prick-ery.
Back to top Go down
Moto

Moto

PostSubject: Re: Example of a good application!   Example of a good application! EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 2:53 am

I know what you mean.
Back to top Go down
Michelle

Michelle

PostSubject: Re: Example of a good application!   Example of a good application! EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 4:51 am

o.o' whuut ?
Back to top Go down
Confederate

Confederate

PostSubject: Re: Example of a good application!   Example of a good application! EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 8:41 am

Please, don't spam. I was getting the ball rolling, too.
Back to top Go down
Moto

Moto

PostSubject: Re: Example of a good application!   Example of a good application! EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 11:57 am

Lol, You were? It just seemed to cause a bigger problems.9,0

We'll nevermind that.
Back to top Go down
Anna

Anna

PostSubject: Re: Example of a good application!   Example of a good application! EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 12:00 pm

Moatez wrote:
Lol, You were? It just seemed to cause a bigger problems.9,0

We'll nevermind that.

tr00f.
Back to top Go down
Moto

Moto

PostSubject: Re: Example of a good application!   Example of a good application! EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 12:33 pm

Why cant the forums become a place with colorful rainbows? Why does the forums has to be where you rage, And complain? It doesn't matter what happened in the past, let it goo..
Back to top Go down
Anna

Anna

PostSubject: Re: Example of a good application!   Example of a good application! EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 12:56 pm

Topic locked.
This is just an example of a GOOD application, one that would be ACCEPTED due to the fact that he's mature enough to be a GM, yet funny enough to keep the kids entertained.

Locked.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Example of a good application!   Example of a good application! Empty

Back to top Go down

Example of a good application!
Page 1 of 1