LuckyMS Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LuckyMS.net's Forums

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Application process

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Rwarrr

Rwarrr

Application process  Empty
PostSubject: Application process    Application process  EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 1:40 pm

Quote :
he way this is "good" is because he did put in effort, and he's showing his OWN personality in this application.
And no, I would not have denied it due to the fact that he was indeed one of my old GMs.
They're not "stupid comments" they're him trying to be amusing. You really need to loosen up a bit kid.

You seem to have lost your sense of humor completely.
The application is funny, the improper grammar is used well to make the application amusing to read.

I'm sorry I can't give you a sense of humor, but if you want to be a stuck up prude that's your problem not mine.

Nothing against you, personally, Anna, but I believe with you accepting and denying everyone and only you, it's completely unfair.
My reasons for this are, but not limited to:
1. You are COMPLETELY biased
2. You accept/deny people on the colors in their app, not the answers.
3. You look for "personality" in an app; GM/coder are jobs, you have to be serious about them when you are applying for them, just like real life jobs, you can't be joking around in the application or else the employer wont take you seriously.
4. In a way you act like this is yours, Anna, you make it seem like Autocracy, when a server is the admin(s) and the GM/coder staff, they should all have a say.

I know I am not in my rightful place to be saying this, but this is what I have come to see in the past week or so of being here; I know this is not my server and I do not have a say, really, in anything, I can only suggest things. So for this being a suggestions board, here is my suggestion:
I suggest that Anna is relieved of her Admin rights and no longer able to accept/deny peoples applications as she does it out of bias, not fairness

This is not because I got denied, I personally talked to Johnny and I understand why and I will not apply for coder or GM, this is just for everyone in the future that is going to apply for a staff position.

Anna, do not flame, do not ban, do not do anything as I, personally, will find it as a sign of your own person inferiority.

Thank you for allowing me to voice my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Jakthehobo

PostSubject: Re: Application process    Application process  EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 1:51 pm

I wont say much, but maybe to have a bit more input on the apps before the final decision., by that I mean more replies.

That's all I'll say.
Back to top Go down
Moto

Moto

PostSubject: Re: Application process    Application process  EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 1:53 pm

You moving the problem in a different section won't help anyone.

Anna closed the previous discussion on the 'trash' section. And now you bring it over here to discuss it some more.

If this keeps continuing, We're going to have an all-out war on a example game master application.

I wish I could lock this..
Back to top Go down
Confederate

Confederate

PostSubject: Re: Application process    Application process  EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 1:54 pm

This happened once, but then she came back again, apparently. The time lapse when she was gone did make the forum more productive.

The thing is, we're not debating the application. It's just an example to how unfair it is.
Back to top Go down
Rwarrr

Rwarrr

PostSubject: Re: Application process    Application process  EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 1:55 pm

No, this isn't anything to do with that; I used that post as proof of her being biased. that's it; this thread is a suggestion to either improve the application process allowing other GMs and/or the community to put in the two cents, since the community and GMs have to also like the oncoming staff member. this is not a flaming post.
Back to top Go down
Moto

Moto

PostSubject: Re: Application process    Application process  EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 2:10 pm

Even though, It will still cause a problem.
Back to top Go down
Jakthehobo

PostSubject: Re: Application process    Application process  EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 2:11 pm

But a solution can be made quickly if they decide what to do.

1. Stay with the current application process
2. Change the process
Back to top Go down
Confederate

Confederate

PostSubject: Re: Application process    Application process  EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 2:12 pm

Well, I find it justified that we create a minor problem to solve a larger one.
Back to top Go down
Rwarrr

Rwarrr

PostSubject: Re: Application process    Application process  EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 2:27 pm

Thanks Jak, also, forums are so people can express their own person feeling on a subject, which I have clearly done, so I am only taking advantage of the space and placing my thoughts here.
Back to top Go down
Anna

Anna

PostSubject: Re: Application process    Application process  EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 8:20 pm

Johnny left the hiring to me, you may ask him if you want to.

It's MAPLESTORY. You don't have to be all dead serious on MAPLESTORY. GMs need to be happy and loose and fun to talk to the players(majority being YOUNG KIDS). They need to make them feel welcome, as I said before. The more funny and amusing the GM is the better, to the kids and players overall.
Again, like Beast, in her application it was amusing and fun to read, as well as detailed, colored well, and unique.

I deny the applications, because Johnny has other more important things to do. I do not hire someone without first asking his permission. Such as when I accepted Beast, I went to Johnny and asked him first if he wanted her as a GM or not. I don't just HIRE on whim and hope he likes who I hired.

I won't read more than the first post since I'm lazy. This topic is now closed.

Note: if you don't follow the rules and instructions, and take examples to making a first app on the first try, why should you be hired? You don't go to an interview and hope if you mess up they'll give you advice and tell you to try again. You go to get the job right away. Now you CAN try again, and everyone can apply for GM and prep up their application as much as they want, but the first one will be denied due to the fact that you did not meet the requirements the first time.

If you'll compare it to a job, so will I. Funny people who can be mature, and yet put enough effort to meet the requirements of GM applications will be accepted, it makes no difference if you post 1 time or 10 times. If you meet the requirements and seem like someone who would qualify for the position in game as well, you will be considered by myself, and Johnny, and the other staff will be notified beforehand to voice any objections.
We have yet to actually hire someone that was not previously on the staff, so no objections have come up yet about who should and shouldn't be hired.

Topic locked, have a nice day. ^.^
Back to top Go down
Confederate

Confederate

PostSubject: Re: Application process    Application process  EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 9:20 pm

You may not hire on whim, but you decline on whim.

Besides, you're locking all these threads. You can't take losing arguments, can you?
Back to top Go down
Anna

Anna

PostSubject: Re: Application process    Application process  EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 9:23 pm

Confederate wrote:
You may not hire on whim, but you decline on whim.

Besides, you're locking all these threads. You can't take losing arguments, can you?

We'll see who's losing in the end, Ray. (=
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Application process    Application process  Empty

Back to top Go down

Application process
Page 1 of 1