LuckyMS Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LuckyMS.net's Forums

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

New Hairstyles!

Go down 
+4
Debutante
Moto
Confederate
Anna
8 posters

New hairstyles?
Yes
New Hairstyles! Empty85%New Hairstyles! Empty
 85% [ 11 ]
No
New Hairstyles! Empty15%New Hairstyles! Empty
 15% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 13

AuthorMessage
Anna

Anna

New Hairstyles! Empty
PostSubject: New Hairstyles!   New Hairstyles! EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 3:18 pm

Okay so I'm just curious.
There is the option(not saying it'll happen or not that's COMPLETELY up to Johnny)...but it is an OPTION, possibly, for us to maybe add in different hairstyles
These are the hairstyles: (there are more of them, just don't know which ones =D)

New Hairstyles! 0af6ac9722b152948b8c0f80d31b562d

Would you guys want to see these hairs added into the game, yes or no? As a note, you would have to d/l the .wz files for them, and it would take more time to d/l the files. Depending your internet speed it could take between 2min more, to 10. If you're running on dial up(lolfail) it may take even longer.

But yes, please say yes or no, and if you want please state the reasoning behind your choice below.

Thank you! =D
Back to top Go down
Confederate

Confederate

New Hairstyles! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Hairstyles!   New Hairstyles! EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 4:08 pm

Unless we are moving to v83, it would be too much of a hassle for ALL the players to have to download it. Some people would quit, due to the instability and the d/c because they don't wish to download the file. It's just too troublesome for a few measly hairstyles we can do without anyway.
Back to top Go down
Anna

Anna

New Hairstyles! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Hairstyles!   New Hairstyles! EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 4:14 pm

Confederate wrote:
Unless we are moving to v83, it would be too much of a hassle for ALL the players to have to download it. Some people would quit, due to the instability and the d/c because they don't wish to download the file. It's just too troublesome for a few measly hairstyles we can do without anyway.

i knew you'd say no =3
it's 5 min of a dl dude. . .
Back to top Go down
Confederate

Confederate

New Hairstyles! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Hairstyles!   New Hairstyles! EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 4:33 pm

Yeah, make me a stereotype and think I say no to everything, why don't you?

That doesn't justify the fact.

Besides, we already have a small community. People will be dissuaded from playing if they see that we have to have a .wz download. This also means that they can't play more than one server, which will decrease the amount of new members in the community.
Back to top Go down
Moto

Moto

New Hairstyles! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Hairstyles!   New Hairstyles! EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 4:43 pm

I really don't mind it. I could use the haircut.
Back to top Go down
Debutante

Debutante

New Hairstyles! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Hairstyles!   New Hairstyles! EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 4:44 pm

As long as it doesn't cause problems, I'm up for it.
Back to top Go down
Anna

Anna

New Hairstyles! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Hairstyles!   New Hairstyles! EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 8:09 pm

I don't see why there would really be any problems with it, and no Ray I'm not saying you're a stereotype or anything, you just don't like me so you'll say no. Simple as that. You may argue this if you want, idc, I won't reply.

ANYWAys yeah, if it DID happen(not saying it will, just saying IF) then the dl really wouldn't be much of an issue at all, honestly. But I'll need to discuss it further with Johnny first, since it is his server and his word is what goes.

Edit: why would they not be able to play on another server.........?
I'm playing on SoulMS PERFECTLY fine, and my .wz files are edited to handle those hairstyles as well, do your research before saying anything Ray(surprised you didn't know since you're the next 13 year old Einstein and all...but yeah).
Back to top Go down
Confederate

Confederate

New Hairstyles! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Hairstyles!   New Hairstyles! EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 8:32 pm

I'll say yes to a good idea, Anna. I'm not bias to that extent.

There may be problems with .wz files in another server if you use this edited .wz. Better to be safe than to be sorry.
Back to top Go down
Anna

Anna

New Hairstyles! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Hairstyles!   New Hairstyles! EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 8:36 pm

I'm curious as to why you'd think there would be issues?
Back to top Go down
Confederate

Confederate

New Hairstyles! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Hairstyles!   New Hairstyles! EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 8:39 pm

Anna wrote:
You may argue this if you want, idc, I won't reply.

MapleStory is quite a 'sensitive' game, in my experience. Errors can be caused by just about anything.
Back to top Go down
Anna

Anna

New Hairstyles! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Hairstyles!   New Hairstyles! EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 8:47 pm

well I can assure you the .wz files and such that would be uploaded for these hairstyles are perfectly fine, and work well. No issues would occur, and if they did, it wouldn't be related to those exact .wz files.
Back to top Go down
Confederate

Confederate

New Hairstyles! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Hairstyles!   New Hairstyles! EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 8:49 pm

I would still disagree. It is too much of a hassle for some would-be newcomers, and we should just upgrade to v83 anyway.
Back to top Go down
NewLegion

NewLegion

New Hairstyles! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Hairstyles!   New Hairstyles! EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 9:25 pm

The hairs are nice, and we'd love to see them in game. That being said, the female to male hair ratio is kinda off, and we've always been somewhat...disappointed with pretty much every male hair in the game.
Spoiler:
However, we might be inclined to agree with Confederate to some degree. While it'd be wonderful for new choices, We, personally, would much prefer to wait until an upgrade in the source happens first, since we'll have to re download anyways.

Our opinion only comes from the point of view where convenience is important, though. We'd prefer to wait, but by all means, we'd download it.
Back to top Go down
Kristine

Kristine

New Hairstyles! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Hairstyles!   New Hairstyles! EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 10:10 pm

I believe things are being overlooked in this situation.

-You do not have to re-download a client if they update the source. It will take you to the same IP and same community either way.

-The only time you have to re-download a client, is when the client has been HEX edited. (HEX editing takes out damage cap, UFJ, etc.) In terms of adding NPCs, scripting, updating, etc.. one will never have to re-download a client.

-In terms of the .wz edits, the don't harm the server, to an extent.
Examples:
--Map.wz's can make a player appear as though they are hacking, this is because the, let's call them "foot pads", are not in sync with "foot pads" on the map that the server is using. In other words people can look more elevated or hidden to the eyes of someone who doesn't have his/her custom map edit. So in essence, Map.wz's can "harm" a server (mainly it's players). This is why it is usually banned from servers.
--UI.wz's alters the appearance of things such as skills, weapons, clothing, chairs, the HP-MP-EXP bar, etc (pretty much anything obtainable). Good thing about this is, if one were to edit their UI.wz no one will know, unless they share their .wz files. So UI.wz's would be one of the many .wz's that will not "harm" the server.
--Character.wz's are self explanatory, this deals with everything that creates your physical character (hair, eyes, and skin).
This is where the "New Hairs"come to play. I wont go into too much detail on how this works because frankly it's relevant.
There are files called XML's which a server can use to "customize" their server. Though with new XML's being added to the server, new .WZ files have to be downloaded for the players to view these changes. At times, these changes can DC a player if they don't have the proper images to support what is being viewed on their screen. (The reason people do not DC with most UI.wz's and map.wz's edits is because it is pretty much a mask of an item that already exists.)

Hope that shed some light on your views of .wz edits.

Alright now onto the important stuff that deal with this thread.
Adding chairs, adding high Maplestory version maps and monsters, or even HAIR/EYES/SKIN.
This is what makes a server standout from the other servers.

-----------Which I would like to point out that this contradicts y'alls query about people leaving the server to have to download these .wz's, in my opinion it would make people join. Not ever server out there has these privileges. We should be willing to accept these changes with open arms because it will better the community.
Yes, this means we have to wait 5 WHOLE MINUTES to download these .wz's but during those 5 minutes, you can go grab something to eat, get your butt off your chair and walk around, talk to someone, social network, watch a video, the options are endless!

--------------BEFORE I FORGET TO ADD THIS---------------------
Someone mentioned that they are afraid of not being able to play other servers because of these .wz edits. They actually will not affect your ability to play other servers, it just means you have more than enough files to support the other servers needs. Nuff said.

I hope this clears a lot of confusion and questioning.
I believe we should add these custom hair's into the server (:

+1 Support.

Last edited by Kristine on Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Josh

Josh

New Hairstyles! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Hairstyles!   New Hairstyles! EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 11:02 pm

^^^ You guys just got the pwn-hammer.
Back to top Go down
Confederate

Confederate

New Hairstyles! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Hairstyles!   New Hairstyles! EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 11:12 pm

If you think so, I don't think you actually read the whole thing.
Back to top Go down
NewLegion

NewLegion

New Hairstyles! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Hairstyles!   New Hairstyles! EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 11:14 pm

"You guys," as in Confederate and Us? We mispoke. We said you need to redownload for a source change; we meant version change. Sorry if that wasn't obvious.

Also, while we appreciate your explaining of all the .wz files, just the hair would have been fine. While it may attract new people (Doubtful; Most sheep probably look at a ranking site and immediately join #1 server), it can push away players who don't go on the forums who are confused about why they keep crashing.

Just our coins. We'd like the hair, but would prefer it added in with a version change, if one's being considered. If not, by all means. Doesn't affect Us; We haven't really played much ._.
Back to top Go down
Josh

Josh

New Hairstyles! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Hairstyles!   New Hairstyles! EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 11:33 pm

You guys as in whoever it was directed to. Honestly, I'm not paying attention to half the conversation i just had the urge to say something arbitrary and trivial. 8D
Back to top Go down
Kristine

Kristine

New Hairstyles! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Hairstyles!   New Hairstyles! EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 11:44 pm

My post was simply an informative schpeel on how certain things work, so there is more clarity and I was hoping acceptance.
You were not forced to read it and didn't have to, it was all your choice.
Nor was it directed directly to anyone, except for the snippet in the end shedding light on the multi-server deal.
And obviously "it wasn't obvious" enough for me, since I'm brand spankin' new to this server as well, as in I just joined today, if that wasn't obvious enough.
Like I said, I posted my schpeel for educational purposes.

Actually, that is what advertising is for and the more you have to advertise the more customers you will receive. So yes it actually does help, and not everyone (including myself and obviously you since you're not playing Rydah ATM) goes straight to the #1 Server. Also, if they were to continue with the hair idea, I'm sure the wz downloads can be added in the download section of the website. So if the "sheep" were oblivious to the options in front of them, then it is their fault that they are DC-ing.

Yeah that was y'alls opinions (your two coins) on the issue, and what I stated were mine plus some.
End of story.

Now quit with the hostility guys, seriously. God dam.
If y'all didn't notice my sincerity in my past post, then it's hopeless continuing this conversation.
Because if that will offend y'all, especially if it wasn't directed to y'all, I wont even begin to get personal.

Yalls opinions have been stated about this suggestion.
So end it here. It is not a debate and oppose other opinions issue.
Back to top Go down
NewLegion

NewLegion

New Hairstyles! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Hairstyles!   New Hairstyles! EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 1:08 am

We apologize sincerely if we came off as hostile; that was not our intentions, nor to to "debate" the little things. We intended to simply provide input. We really are sorry if we came off as hostile towards you. We weren't offended at all.
Back to top Go down
iKawaii

iKawaii

New Hairstyles! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Hairstyles!   New Hairstyles! EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 1:14 am

I vote that we should add the new hair styles. It actually will attract new people because the v83's are so popular now. Not saying that we should upgrade the whole server, just the hairs.
Back to top Go down
http://xat.com/The_Kawaii_Pandas
Kristine

Kristine

New Hairstyles! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Hairstyles!   New Hairstyles! EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 1:30 am

^Indeed (:
Back to top Go down
Debutante

Debutante

New Hairstyles! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Hairstyles!   New Hairstyles! EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 4:25 pm

In a way, the custom wz.edits are getting TOO common now. It would be nice for new hairstyles, but what players are really looking for is something NEW that everybody else doesn't have.
Back to top Go down
Moto

Moto

New Hairstyles! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Hairstyles!   New Hairstyles! EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 5:39 pm

Truu dat, My friend.
Back to top Go down
Confederate

Confederate

New Hairstyles! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Hairstyles!   New Hairstyles! EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 11:21 pm

That is something that won't happen. It hasn't happened in the 7 months, give or take, that I've been here, and I don't have high hopes of it happening now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New Hairstyles! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Hairstyles!   New Hairstyles! Empty

Back to top Go down

New Hairstyles!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
LuckyMS Forums :: Soul Discussion :: Suggestions-
Jump to: