LuckyMS Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LuckyMS.net's Forums

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Debutante Shines. (Debutante's Gamemaster Application)

Go down 
+2
Confederate
Debutante
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Debutante

Debutante

Debutante Shines. (Debutante's Gamemaster Application) Empty
PostSubject: Debutante Shines. (Debutante's Gamemaster Application)   Debutante Shines. (Debutante's Gamemaster Application) EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 2:02 am

Enjoy the content.

-From a wannabe writer

Requirements to Read this Application:
1. Read it thoroughly with patience
2. Ability to Read
3. Positive Attitude when Commenting
4. Enjoy <3

Name:
Devin

IGN:Debutante, haha if you know what it means you would think rather particular of me.

Timezone:Pacific Timezone (GMT -8 ) California in specific, my the weather is quite particular here suddenly. A thunderstorm in broad daylight, how strange.

Position Applying For:Gamemaster

Activity: Generally frequently high in activity. On busy days generally Mon-Wed for me, activity will be lower compared to my normal gaming time. (2-5 hours) Weekends my activity will be from morning to night if I am left interrupted, or the same as no-life you might say.

E-Mail: Devinjoepark@hotmail.com Feel free to check my Facebook, and add me on MSN if you like.

How would you handle a hacker: All in circumstances will decide how I handle the hacker. It is generally pretty obvious in my eyes to tell if a person is hacking, so don't expect me to make any accidental bans for hacking. Being the person I am, I will immediately take action. Hacking is more than obviously breaking the server's rules; it is a basic knowledge in any gaming. Bans will be applied perm. unless told otherwise by higher-ups.

If two people were fighting, what would you do?:A simple argument is always a rather small\easy thing to handle. You always begin simply in discussing with the users in an appropriate manner privately. Patience is essential of course, and the main thing is not to take sides with the users. Make them understand the disruption caused by it, and apply necessary punishments if needed. Ranging from Jailing to bans depending on the severity.

How many servers have you been a GM/Admin in?: Only a few servers, my experience is very limited due to my extreme loyalty. I've stuck to my old server for practically 2 years; still keep in touch here and there. Most of my experience actually isn't from Maplestory Private Servers actually; it comes mostly from runescape private servers I have played in the past. Anyways here are my past experiences:

MapleJuice: A small server, one of the first places I began in MapleStory. Was a gamemaster, and obviously did my job flawlessly.

VolcanoMS / OldStory: Same server, I believe you know VolcanoMS Anna. I gamemastered for them, eventually resigned due to many disagreements with the owner.

The runescape servers I staffed for:

Legion-X: A major server had about 400+ players at the time of its peak. Global Moderator for them mostly took care of their forums. Was practically worshipped due to the fact of how well I did my position.

RuneGasm: A 100+ player server I moderated in-game for, in which the owner was a particular one. Had me promoted and demoted twice for rather biased reasons. (Indecisive one he was.)

Those are the main experiences I can think of from the top of my head.

Why should we choose you:

By far always my favorite section\question of an application and to those of you who know my criticism on applications would understand why. An outstanding quality that proves to always far-beyond expectations is my patience. I still get aggravated just like any normal person of course, but the patience I am willing to give is a rather splendid thing. I am well aware of the limits of much patience you can give before people take pure advantage of you. A common thing many will say on their application, but really my sincerity will always be there.

As needed, I do demand respect for authority from players. Of course if a GM showed none of that, what player would listen to that GM? In fact, what would be the point of that person being a GM if nobody listened to his\her authority. (Suck-Ups *cough*) My respect of course is always returned to those who prove worthy of it.

Favoritism is something I do not plan showing at all, everybody is on a fair playing field in my eyes. Punishments I give for rule-breakers are neither heavy nor lightly inflicted, or fair you might say. (My aren't I the balanced type?)

I have the ability to communicate with offensive, racist, or intolerable players appropriately and strictly. I am easy to get along with as I have a friendly atmosphere if you get to know me rather well.

Obedience to higher-ups is something I can promise with ease, no doubt in my mind. I have both a strict and laid back interpretation of rules, or meaning that depending on how thoroughly endorsed a is rule will decide how serious I will take it. However, I take my rules serious, occasionally too serious actually.

I'm a community-based person as I enjoy to say, as I love the forums. Unlike most people I BELIEVE the staff is to be active on the forums, even if their departments categorize in-game. After all, I highly doubt players will be active if there is not at least a decent amount of staff members being forums-friendly as well.

One thing that proves me to make a difference is my ability to give, take, and make something out of constructive criticism. After all, isn't constructive criticism what helps us prepare to become more successful? I'm definitely not afraid to voice my opinion, and I will share it.

A good side however is that I'm often a mediator of both sides, in which makes a good GM. I feel I can bring other creative traditions such as events from my old server. In which I could explain at another time. For now, these are the basic reasons of why I should be hired.

Reason I applied: All servers strive for one thing with a good staff. A friendly community with active forums. So, what might this have to do with anything? Well, I feel I can be another step to this server's community to getting better. Sure, the extent\reasons everybody will say will all revolve in one thing. Making the community better, must I say more?

Summary of yourself: I'm a bright student (Straight A's), in my school's student body presidency, etc. Those are the boring details about me, however. I can be stubborn sometimes, but always with the best of intentions of course. I'm a HUGE critic on GM applications, which causes me to constantly make comments about the content, etc.

Hobbies:
Soccer. Wow, I could not live without this sport! Literal death without it. HA. HA. I'm a complete PC gamer, not hardcore though. I love doing bowling\golfing here and there, hanging out with my friends. (Who doesn't?)

Extra Information: To those of you who are wondering what my IGN means look it up, haha. (And yes I am straight, sorry guys.)

How long does it take for the earth to go around the sun?:Slightly more than 365 days.

1.Do you know the players/staff well enough to be chosen?(This doesn't mean have you met the GMs/spoken to them
once. Do you actually KNOW them. Please stop writing "Yes" when none of us know you. Thank you):

No.

2.Have you been on Soul MS long enough to deserve a GM position:

No

3.Do you help players any chance you get:

Of course.

4.Are you of the age that is required to apply(if no you might as well delete this app now):

Yes

5.Please specify exactly(or around) how long you have been playing Soul MS
:

3 days now.

Hopefully bearable of an application.

PS: Did I mention I'm a HUGE critic on GM Applications???

Last edited by Debutante on Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:38 pm; edited 30 times in total
Back to top Go down
Confederate

Confederate

PostSubject: Re: Debutante Shines. (Debutante's Gamemaster Application)   Debutante Shines. (Debutante's Gamemaster Application) EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 8:40 am

Uhm, you have some bits of formatting to correct.

Blue is rather hard to read. Maybe orange, cyan, or violet?

Debutante is usually used to describe a female, though.
Back to top Go down
DarkFalcon

DarkFalcon

PostSubject: Re: Debutante Shines. (Debutante's Gamemaster Application)   Debutante Shines. (Debutante's Gamemaster Application) EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 8:51 am

omg the color hurt my eyes xD change it to different one..
Back to top Go down
Debutante

Debutante

PostSubject: Re: Debutante Shines. (Debutante's Gamemaster Application)   Debutante Shines. (Debutante's Gamemaster Application) EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 10:16 am

Thanks for the better color suggestion, looks much better now I must say. Yes, debutante is to describe a female. Generally describing a female who is famous for being famous such as Paris Hilton. xD
Back to top Go down
Anna

Anna

PostSubject: Re: Debutante Shines. (Debutante's Gamemaster Application)   Debutante Shines. (Debutante's Gamemaster Application) EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 10:49 am

If you want to get more srs bznz with your colors you can use: http://www.computerhope.com/htmcolor.htm

Just put the color code(such as #C12267) where the "red" or "orange" or "yellow" etc...
Back to top Go down
Debutante

Debutante

PostSubject: Re: Debutante Shines. (Debutante's Gamemaster Application)   Debutante Shines. (Debutante's Gamemaster Application) EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 11:00 am

Well, I just would like to hear more thoughts on the actual content at the moment.

PS: Application is now more color adjusted to decent colors. (:
Back to top Go down
Confederate

Confederate

PostSubject: Re: Debutante Shines. (Debutante's Gamemaster Application)   Debutante Shines. (Debutante's Gamemaster Application) EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 1:02 pm

Uh.

'obidience' -> 'obedience'

Content is thorough, well-developed.
Back to top Go down
Debutante

Debutante

PostSubject: Re: Debutante Shines. (Debutante's Gamemaster Application)   Debutante Shines. (Debutante's Gamemaster Application) EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 1:18 pm

Completed. Thank you for that, my grammar/spelling has been off latetly. (I need to stop texting!)
Back to top Go down
xlazziee

xlazziee

Location : Why do u need to know? u wana come stalk me? but remember. its not Rape if you yell SURPRISE!

PostSubject: Re: Debutante Shines. (Debutante's Gamemaster Application)   Debutante Shines. (Debutante's Gamemaster Application) EmptyMon Oct 04, 2010 8:19 am

well first of all, this is a good application, I would have picked u all the way until the last question. As Soul clearly stated, you must be on the server at least a couple weeks to deserve the GM position, other than that apply in a couple weeks and Anna will probobly have no problem with you
Back to top Go down
Debutante

Debutante

PostSubject: Re: Debutante Shines. (Debutante's Gamemaster Application)   Debutante Shines. (Debutante's Gamemaster Application) EmptyMon Oct 04, 2010 4:13 pm

As I recall Anna's friend Chris was hired on his first day. I believe that it is only fair that we have an equal opportunity to be hired if were easily up to the job.
Back to top Go down
xlazziee

xlazziee

Location : Why do u need to know? u wana come stalk me? but remember. its not Rape if you yell SURPRISE!

PostSubject: Re: Debutante Shines. (Debutante's Gamemaster Application)   Debutante Shines. (Debutante's Gamemaster Application) EmptyMon Oct 04, 2010 7:08 pm

true true, i cant argue with that, good point
Back to top Go down
Debutante

Debutante

PostSubject: Re: Debutante Shines. (Debutante's Gamemaster Application)   Debutante Shines. (Debutante's Gamemaster Application) EmptyMon Oct 04, 2010 8:23 pm

Be back, have to change my colors to adjust to the new forum background.
Back to top Go down
xlazziee

xlazziee

PostSubject: Re: Debutante Shines. (Debutante's Gamemaster Application)   Debutante Shines. (Debutante's Gamemaster Application) EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 4:30 pm

yeah, i had to do the same to mine. BTW, great colors chosen =].
Back to top Go down
CeeGANO

PostSubject: Re: Debutante Shines. (Debutante's Gamemaster Application)   Debutante Shines. (Debutante's Gamemaster Application) EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 6:01 pm

Nice application. I don't really think Runescape would have any influence on this, but otherwise, I thought it was a good app.
Back to top Go down
Debutante

Debutante

PostSubject: Re: Debutante Shines. (Debutante's Gamemaster Application)   Debutante Shines. (Debutante's Gamemaster Application) EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 6:16 pm

You would be surprised on how similar all private servers manage their staff. Thank you for your compliments, and half of my experience is from runescape. Not all my experiences in the slightest, just a few main ones haha.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Debutante Shines. (Debutante's Gamemaster Application)   Debutante Shines. (Debutante's Gamemaster Application) Empty

Back to top Go down

Debutante Shines. (Debutante's Gamemaster Application)
Page 1 of 1